This post is part of 10 Weeks of Action: Demanding funding and protection for grassroots justice defenders by calling on our community to sign the #JusticeForAll petition. Each week, we will spotlight how access to justice is critical to the advancement of different thematic issues.
The theme for Week 3 is environmental justice. Learn more here.
In this post, please find social media images for this important moment.
Please sign and share the petition here and download or share from the page using the buttons found by the images and videos.
- The upward trend is likely to continue if governments don’t act. Call on world leaders to protect & fund the grassroots justice defenders who stand up for the #environment and #humanrights. Sign & RT the petition – bit.ly/w3petition. #TiptheScales towards #JusticeForAll!
- As demand for natural resources grows, so do the threats to the #environmentaldefenders who challenge the harmful practices of extractive industries. Sign the petition calling on govts protect & fund them – bit.ly/w3petition. #TipTheScales towards #JusticeForAll! #HRDs
- Given the limited information available, the true total is likely far higher. This must stop! Sign the petition demanding governments protect & fund grassroots justice defenders – bit.ly/w3petition. Let’s #TipTheScales towards #JusticeForAll! #HRDs #SustDev
- Last year 207 environmental justice defenders were murdered—up from 201 in 2016 and 185 in 2015. Call on governments to protect them & fund their critical work. Sign the petition—bit.ly/w3petition—and help #TipTheScales towards #JusticeForAll! #EnvironmentalDefenders #HRDs
- No one should be at risk for protecting their communities from environmentally harmful—and often illegal!—practices. Call on world leaders to protect & fund grassroots justice defenders: bit.ly/w3petition. Let’s #TipTheScales towards #JusticeForAll! #EnvironmentDefenders
- From #Brazil to #India, authorities are failing to protect environmental justice defenders. Call on world leaders to take action and protect and fund their important work. Sign the petition- bit.ly/w3petition. #TipTheScales → #JusticeForAll! #EnvironmentalDefenders
- Harassment, violence, arrest, death…The risks environmental justice defenders face are varied & increasing. Think it’s time govts protect and fund them? Sign & RT the petition- bit.ly/w3petition. Let’s #TipTheScales towards #JusticeForAll! #environmentdefenders #HRDs
- When authorities fail to protect environmental justice defenders they’re failing to protect us all. Demand world leaders to take action. Learn more + sign the petition at bit.ly/w3petition. Together we can #TipTheScales towards #JusticeForAll! #environmentaldefenders #HRDs
- Those who work to protect the environment are not only #environmentalists, they are defenders of justice, the #RuleOfLaw and #humanrights. Call on governments to protect & fund these grassroots justice defenders: bit.ly/w3petition. #TipTheScales towards #JusticeForAll!
- Those who risk their lives to protect the #environment & rights of others should be seen as heroes. Yet too often authorities fail to protect them. Demand a change, sign the petition: bit.ly/w3petition. #TipTheScales towards #JusticeForAll! #EnvironmentalDefenders #HRDs
- Berta was 1 of 201 environmental justice defenders murdered in 2016. Join the call for world leaders to protect & fund their work- bit.ly/w3petition. Help #TipTheScales towards #JusticeForAll! #EnvironmentalDefenders #BertaCaceres #WHRDs